Sarah C. Vaughn
Direct Line : 801.574.2628
215 South State Street Suite 1200
Salt Lake City, Utah 84111
Sarah Vaughn is an associate at Fabian VanCott with a practice focused on employment law, personal injury, product liability, and complex commercial litigation. Sarah has ample litigation experience, advocating on behalf of clients in motion practice, discovery, alternative dispute resolution, and on appeal. Sarah also represents clients in administrative hearings, defending health care providers and employers before DOPL and the Labor Commission.
Sarah currently serves as president of the Utah Defense Lawyers Association, an organization of civil defense litigators. Sarah also serves as Co-Chair of the Professional Development Committee for the Utah State Bar Young Lawyer Division. In 2018, Sarah was named Young Lawyer of the Year by the Young Lawyer Division.
Prior to joining Fabian VanCott, Sarah practiced at Kipp and Christian in Salt Lake City where she specialized in insurance defense litigation including defending clients in legal malpractice, medical malpractice, personal injury and employment litigation.
Sarah earned her law degree from The S.J. Quinney College of Law at the University of Utah where she graduated with honors. She received her bachelor's degree from The George Washington University where she majored in International Relations with an emphasis on International Economics.
Associate Attorney, Kipp and Christian, P.C., 2013-2018
Law Clerk, Kipp and Christian, P.C., 2011-2013
Judicial Intern, Utah Supreme Court, Honorable Christine Durham, Summer 2011
President, Utah Defense Lawyers Association, 2017-present
Board Member, Utah Defense Lawyers Association, 2013-2017
Professional Development Co-Chair, Young Lawyer Division, 2017-present
Recognized as Young Lawyer of the Year, Young Lawyer Division, 2018
Member, Women Lawyers of Utah
Admitted to the Utah State Bar, U.S. District Court for the District of Utah, Tenth Circuit Court of Appeals, and First Circuit Court of Appeals
Juris Doctor, University of Utah S.J. Quinney College of Law, 2013
• Outstanding Achievement Award, Legal Methods
• Cali Excellence for the Future Award, International Law
• President, Women’s Law Caucus, 2011– 2012
• Senior Staff Editor – Utah Law Review, 2012– 2013
• Managing Director – Global Justice Through Research, 2012-2013
• Jessup International Moot Court Team – Alternate, 2012-2013
• Masters of Public Policy, University of Utah, 2013
• Bachelor of Arts, The George Washington University, 2009
• Cum Laude and Special Honors
• Fall 2007: studied at Pontificia Universidad Católica Argentina in Buenos Aires
Americorps VISTA Volunteer, 2009-2010