We invite you to attend Fabian VanCott’s annual Employment Law Seminar. It will be held on Monday, May 15, 2017 at the Marriott City Center Hotel at the Gallivan Center. We will be addressing key issues for Utah employers, including practical insights and updates on changing laws. Breakfast and lunch will be provided, and all attendees will receive a copy of our new 2017 Employer’s Guide.
We are pleased to announce that this year’s keynote speaker will be U.S. Congressman Jason Chaffetz. Representing Utah’s 3rd Congressional District, Congressman Chaffetz is the Chairman of the House Oversight & Government Reform Committee and a member of the House Judiciary Committee. Prior to his election to Congress, he served in the Huntsman Administration as the Governor’s Chief of Staff, and has a great deal of experience with Utah’s business community. Mr. Chaffetz will speak about what Utah employers might expect as new laws and policies are adopted in the ever-changing legislative and political environment.
Employment Topics will include:
- Utah law update and introduction of 2017 Employer’s Guide
- 2017 update to federal law and agency decisions for employers
- Protecting your company against raiding of employees, customers, and trade secrets
- Wage and Hour class action lawsuits
- HR and OSHA investigations
- Best Practices for employee handbooks, HR policies, and employment agreements
- ERISA, ACA, and employee benefits
- Ethics considerations for employers and their counsel
- Protection against claims of discrimination, harassment and retaliation
Monday, May 15, 2017
Marriott City Center Hotel at the Gallivan Center
220 South State Street
Salt Lake City, Utah 84111
Please contact Greg Saylin, Employment Group Chair, with questions.
801.323.2286 or email@example.com